1. Service times:
Worship: 11:30 A.M. – Every Sunday (1Cor 16:1-2, Acts 20:7, Heb 10:25).
Bible Study: 10:30 A.M. – Every Sunday
Bible Study: 1:00 PM – Every Wednesday
2. Non-instrumental – We are acapella only (Eph 5:19, Col 3:16, Heb 2:12).
3. King James Version of the Bible is the translation we use. Although many versions are unreliable and altered by the translators, we do not issue blanket condemnation of all other versions (2Tim 2:2, Mt 4:4).
4. Autonomous – We are a self-governing congregation after the scriptural pattern (Acts 14:23, Rev 1-3).
5. Self-Supporting -We do not ask visitors for money, and we do not attempt to make money in any other way than by the contribution of our members. The contribution is taken only once a week, and only on the First Day of the week, and is a free will offering, no tithe. (1Cor 16:1-2, Heb 7).
6. Cooperation – We are not averse to working with other congregations of the churches of Christ whom we perceive to be faithful in the Lord (2Cor 9, 1Cor 16).
7. Bible Classes – We have adult and children Bible classes for Bible study. During worship everyone remains together as we find in scripture (1Cor 11-16, Heb 10:24-26).
8. The Lord’s Supper – We follow the scriptural pattern of observing the Lord’s Supper (also called “communion”) every week, and only on the First Day of the week. (1Cor 11:17-34, Acts 20:7).
We use unleavened bread which memorializes the body of Jesus. We use multiple containers to contain the “fruit of the vine” (i.e. grape juice) which memorializes the blood of Christ (Luke 22).
9. The Invitation(s) – We have a sermon/lesson from God’s Word during worship, at the end of which, we always offer the Lord’s invitation (the Spirit and the Bride say come Rev 22:17). We also offer the opportunity to confess and repent from public sin, as a family seeking encouragement and prayer from their church family should (James 5:16).
These items do not complete a comprehensive list of beliefs or practices. This list is designed as a public service to any who might desire to know what sort of congregation meets at 3816 West Fountain Road in Ludington, Michigan. These topics are often telling-signs that people are interested to know when seeking to visit with churches of Christ.
We are a congregation which acknowledges the truth regarding the Lord’s Second Coming. Jesus has already returned a second time and the church is eternal. If you think we are in error, please, feel free to come discuss it with us or call Steve at 231-425-6044
Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
We are happy to answer further questions, and we would be pleased to discuss the Bible with you. Call us anytime, Steve 231-425-6044